If you have ever experienced a sports injury, you know how painful it can be. It is even more when your injury doesn’t seem to get better with time. More than half of Indians participate in various sports, which means you are bound to bump into a few athletes along the way.
Injuries are a common occurrence in the sports world. Many factors go into healing an injury, and it is essential to find an expert who will take care of you and your injury. This is why finding the best sports injury specialist and best sports injury doctor in Jaipur is necessary.
Dr. Dilip Mehta, a highly qualified , experienced sports medicine doctor and Best Sports Injury Specialist in Jaipur , has in-depth knowledge and expertise in treating different sports-related injuries. He is one of the best orthopedic surgeon in Jaipur who has the best reviews and is renowned among patients. So, you can feel confident in choosing him for your treatment needs.
Moreover, Dr. Dilip Mehta has 15+ years of experience diagnosing and treating sports injuries and other orthopedic conditions and also he is the best sports injury doctor in Jaipur. He can help get your body back on track for another great game. Also, he assists patients during their rehabilitation to ensure they heal swiftly and return to their routine.
In this article, we will discuss about sports injuries and Best Sports Injury Specialist in Jaipur, their diagnosis, and treatment. Continue reading to learn more. Sports Injury Specialist in Jaipur will heal your pain if you are living in Jaipur.
Now, let’s talk about the Types of Sports Injuries
Sprains and strains
A sprained or strained muscle is the most common sports injury. It is usually the result of over-extending the muscle or ligament. It can be caused by various sources, such as running up the stairs, lifting something too heavy, or even stretching too far.
If your pain persists after one week of rest and treatment, make an appointment with an experienced orthopedic doctor and Sports Injury Specialist in Jaipur .
One of the more common sports injuries is a knee injury. Knee injuries can be treated at home with rest and over-the-counter medication in many cases. If your knee injury persists for more than a few days or if your symptoms worsen, you should contact your doctor for an examination.
Fractures are prevalent among athletes. A fracture occurs when a bone breaks. If you have a fracture or dislocation, it is essential to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Dislocations make up one of the most common sports injuries. It occurs when a joint is twisted or pulled out of its socket. It usually involves at least one broken bone as well. The most common areas for this injury are the shoulder and knee. It can also happen to elbows, wrists, and fingers.
Let’s discuss about the Diagnosis of Sports injury
- The first step in treating a sports injury is figuring out the actual injuries. That is where diagnostic tests come in. Diagnostic tests can help your doctor identify the exact location of your injury and what type of damage has been done.
- There are several diagnostic tests, but one common test is an X-ray, and others include CT and MRI scans. These imaging tests can help identify any broken bones or other damaged tissues.
- You may also have blood work done, which will check for chemical imbalances or other problems in your body.
Treatment for Sports Injury
- Treatment for a sports injury depends on several factors, including the severity of the injury and the afflicted body part.
- Rest is crucial when treating an injury, and the sooner you consult the doctor, the faster you will recover. Minor injuries, such as sprains and strains, are usually healed by following the below steps:
-RICE (rest, ice, compression, and elevation)
-Stay off that injured area for as long as possible
-Use a brace or sleeve for support if needed
Your doctor may prescribe pain relievers to ease pain and reduce swelling.
If you have severe or persistent inflammation, your orthopedist may administer a corticosteroid injection. It can help relieve pain caused by your injury. For some patients, pain reduction may be minimal or only for a short time. If necessary, a corticosteroid injection can be repeated, but you will usually be limited to two or three each year.
Physiotherapy is a specialized treatment that involves massaging, manipulation, and exercises to improve the range of motion, strengthen the muscles, and restore the normal function of the injured area.
Most sports injuries may not necessitate surgery, but some severe injuries may require surgery, such as severely fractured bones. Manipulation or surgery to repair the bones using wires, plates, screws, or rods may be necessary.
Surgery is a major decision; however, it can be a life-changing procedure if done correctly. Be sure to ask questions about the surgery, the recovery process and get all the information you need before making this crucial decision.
Recovery after a sports injury
- A full recovery can take anything from a few weeks to a few months or more, depending on your injury. You should not return to your former activity level until you have fully recovered. But you should try to move the injured body part as gently as soon as possible.
- Gentle exercises can help improve the range of motion in the affected area. You can do stretching and strengthening activities as the movement gets easier and pain reduces.
- Make sure you don't try to do too much too soon, as this can cause a delay in recovery. Begin by practicing a few simple exercises repeatedly before progressively increasing the time you spend doing them.
Why Choose Dr. Dilip Mehta as your Sports Injury Specialist in Jaipur?
- Dr. Dilip Mehta has treated over two million patients in his 15 years of practice. He specializes in using advanced techniques like arthroscopy to treat complex sports-related injuries.
- Being an experienced sports medicine doctor in Jaipur, he believes in facilitating a quick recovery after surgery to assist the athlete in resuming sports as soon as possible.
- Moreover, Dr. Dilip Mehta aims to offer comprehensive and cutting-edge treatment to all young athletes who visit our clinic.
- To prevent future recurrences, he emphasizes the need for early damage recognition and treatment and helps you recover from any injury, no matter how serious it is.
- Many patients who have visited our clinic have recovered from injuries that doctors said they would never be able to heal from.