If your knee is severely damaged by arthritis or injury, it may be hard for you to perform simple activities, such as walking or climbing stairs. You may even begin to feel pain while you are sitting or lying down. You can have Knee Replacement in Jaipur.
If nonsurgical treatments like medications and using walking supports are no longer helpful, you may want to consider total knee replacement surgery. Joint replacement surgery is a safe and effective procedure to relieve pain, correct leg deformity, and help you resume normal activities.
Are you unable to move as freely as you once did?
- Is walking the dog, climbing stairs, or even getting out of a chair getting challenging and painful?
- Have medicines, injections, and physical therapy failed to provide relief? Nothing appears to be working.
If this is the case, knee replacement surgery may be a suitable option for you.
Knee replacement surgery, often known as arthroplasty, is one of the most common orthopedic procedures. It can aid in relieving severe arthritis pain and allow you to move more freely.
An orthopedic surgeon removes the damaged knee component during knee replacement surgery and replaces it with a metal or plastic prosthetic joint. The prosthetic joint is attached to the thigh bone, shin, and kneecap using a specialized material, such as acrylic cement. Dr. Dilip Mehta provides Knee Replacement in Jaipur.
Dr. Dilip Mehta is a highly skilled and experienced orthopedic surgeon in Jaipur. He excels in various knee replacement procedures, including Hemi, total knee replacement, complex arthroplasties, and total navigation-assisted arthroplasties.
These skills and expertise in knee surgeries make him one of the best knee replacement surgeons in Jaipur. Since Dr. Dilip Mehta provides advanced and result-oriented treatment, patients prefer to undergo knee replacement surgery in Jaipur from him.
Keep scrolling down to know more about knee replacement surgery, its types, procedure, cost, and candidacy.
What is a Knee Replacement Surgery?
The knee becomes painful and difficult to move when the articular cartilage is injured or worn. The bones grind and compress together instead of moving over each other.
Knee replacement surgery involves replacing a damaged, worn-out, or diseased knee joint with an artificial one called a prosthesis and Knee Replacement in Jaipur is easily available to opt for.
The goal of the surgery is to get rid of the pain and regain movement. The patient will have less pain with a prosthesis, and the knee will function properly.
Now, let's know the,
Types of Knee Replacement
Dr. Dilip Mehta is one of the best orthopedic surgeons in Jaipur, who has performed over 1000 shoulder, hip, and knee replacement surgeries.
He is an experienced knee replacement surgeon in Jaipur, has a great deal of expertise in performing the following knee replacement procedures:
1. Total knee replacement
It is the most common type of knee replacement surgery. The surgeon replaces the thigh and shin bones that attach to the knee. It involves replacing the entire knee joint.
2. Partial knee replacement
A partial knee replacement is when only one component of a damaged knee is replaced. Surgeons can perform this procedure to replace the inside (medial) part of the knee, the outer (lateral) part, or the kneecap.
If arthritis affects only one side of your knee, this procedure may be the right choice for you. It is applicable only if your knee ligaments are strong and the rest of your cartilage in the knee is normal.
3. Bilateral knee replacement
In a bilateral knee replacement, the surgeon replaces both knees simultaneously. This is an excellent option for osteoarthritis in both knees because you have to go through the treatment and rehab process only once.
Let's discuss about,
Knee Replacement Surgery Cost in Jaipur
Dr. Dilip Mehta, a seasoned knee replacement surgeon in Jaipur, offers advanced and cost-effective knee replacement surgery. The knee replacement surgery cost in Jaipur varies depending on the type of knee replacement performed and the patient's health.
When calculating the surgery's cost, you should also include additional expenses for your hospital stay, physical therapy in the hospital, treatment during your rehabilitation at home, and follow-up appointments and care.
The Orthopedic Assessment
A consultation with Dr. Dilip Mehta, a highly-qualified and skilled joint replacement surgeon in Jaipur, may include the following:
The surgeon will ask about your general health, the severity of knee discomfort, and your capacity to perform regular tasks.
- Physical examination:
In general, the doctor will evaluate your knee motion, stability, strength, and leg alignment.
It aids in determining the level of injury and deformity in your knee.
- Other tests:
Blood tests or advanced imaging, such as an MRI scan, may be required to establish the status of your knee's bone and soft tissues.
The surgeon will discuss your evaluation findings and determine whether knee replacement is the best option for relieving pain and improving function.
What to Expect Before Knee Replacement Surgery?
- Dr. Dilip Mehta, a reputed knee replacement surgeon in Jaipur, may discuss the risks and consequences of knee replacement surgery, including those associated with the procedure and those that can develop over time.
- If you decide to have knee replacement surgery, the orthopedic surgeon may ask you to visit them for a comprehensive physical examination several weeks before the procedure. This is required to verify that you are healthy enough to undergo surgery and recover fully.
- Before surgery, many individuals with chronic medical issues, such as heart disease, maybe assessed by a specialist, such as a cardiologist.
- A variety of tests, including blood and urine samples, and an ECG, may be required to assist our knee replacement surgeon in Jaipur in planning your operation.
- Inform the doctor about your current medications. They will advise you which medicines you should discontinue and which one to continue before surgery.
Now, let's know the,
Steps Involved in Knee Replacement Surgery
- Dr. Dilip Mehta is considered one of the best knee replacement surgeon in Jaipur and he provides it at affordable Knee Replacement Cost in Jaipur .He has more than 15 years of expertise in the orthopedic field. Moreover, he is committed to learning and expertizing the latest orthopedic procedures.
- Surgeons usually perform knee replacement surgeries administering general anesthesia, peripheral nerve blocks, and spinal (epidural) anesthesia. Antibiotics will be given to you at least once to lessen the chance of infection.
- During the procedure, the surgeon will remove bone and damaged cartilage from the area where your thigh bone (femur) and shin bone (tibia) meet at your knee joint.
- Then, they may use a metal implant to replace those surfaces. Usually, surgeons replace the rear of the kneecap with a special plastic and then sandwich the same plastic between the two metal components.
- This restores smooth surfaces to both bones of your knee joint, allowing them to flex and bend more freely and painlessly.
- It takes roughly 2 hours to complete the surgery.
- Most artificial knee implants comprise metal and plastic components. Different materials, such as metal on metal, ceramic on ceramic, or ceramic on plastic, are increasingly being used by some surgeons.
Who should consider knee replacement surgery?
Knee surgery is commonly performed due to osteoarthritis, but it may also be required in the following situations:
- Knee injuries such as a ligament tear or a meniscus tear
- Knee deformity by birth
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Most patients with knee discomfort do not require surgery and can be handled without it. Your doctor may advise you to:
- loose extra weight
- take over-the-counter or other prescribed drugs
- do more exercise or follow a specific workout regimen
What to Expect After Knee Replacement Surgery?
Most patients spend 2 to 3 nights in the hospital following a knee replacement.
The doctor will prescribe pain relievers and monitor you for any complications.
Shortly after your surgery, a physiotherapist may assist you with the following:
- Weight-bearing therapy, such as standing and walking.
- Combination of physical and occupational therapy to help you adjust to your new knee.
You will have to keep doing these workouts at home. Knee Replacement Cost in Jaipur is very reasonable.
You will be able to return home after accomplishing specific tasks independently, such as getting out of bed and using the washroom.
Following your surgery, you may need to use a cane or walker for a short time.